Foundation / Corporation
Jewish Women's Foundation (JWF) of Metropolitan Chicago
08/01/19 4:00 PM CST
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to Chicago Metropolitan Area, Illinois, Israel, and International nonprofit organizations for projects and programs that improve the lives and status of Jewish women and girls. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to applying. Funding is intended for economic security, legal reform, health and well-being, and education or leadership development for women and girls.
For more information on the above focus areas, see here: https://www.juf.org/jwf/Resources_FocusAreas.aspx
JWF is committed to improving the overall status of Jewish women and girls, and funds projects that promote social change by addressing at least one of the indicators described below:
- Shifting definitions and reframing issues: An issue is defined differently in the community or larger society as a result of your work.
- Shifting individual and community behavior: People behave differently in the community or larger society as a result of your work.
- Shifting critical mass and engagement: People in the community or larger society are more engaged as a result of your work.
- Shifting institutions, systems and policies: An institutional, organizational, or legislative policy or practice changes as a result of your work.
- Maintaining earlier progress: Past gains are maintained, generally in the face of opposition, as a result of your work.
JWF supports organizations through general operating and project specific funding. General operating support will only be awarded to organizations focusing exclusively on promoting social change for Jewish women and girls.
GrantWatch ID#: 181273
The minimum grant award for domestic organizations (within the United States) is $7,500 and for international organizations is $5,000. There is no maximum grant award but at present the grants generally range from the minimums to $25,000.
JWF considers organizations for funding on a year-to-year basis. Previous funding does not guarantee continued funding. A program or project may be funded for up to five consecutive years, followed by one year off from funding.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Amy Saltzman, JWF Program Officer
Jewish Women's Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago
30 S Wells
Chicago, IL 60606
USA: Illinois: Chicago Metropolitan Area
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.