Foundation / Corporation
BC Rehab Foundation
Grants averaging between $2,000 to $5,000 to British Columbia nonprofit organizations and community groups for initiatives and accessibility projects that benefit individuals with physical disabilities. Funding is intended to create opportunities that promote the full participation of people with physical disabilities.
Proposals are encouraged which involve multiple community partners, promote universal access, have clearly defined objectives, and demonstrate community support.
In general, eligible projects will:
- Be consistent with BC Rehab’s mission of supporting efforts to create inclusive communities in BC and expand opportunities for people living with disabilities
- Demonstrate the extent to which the project will create a sustainable and lasting impact
- Have a reasonable and thorough program budget that breaks down costs and revenue
- Establish a tangible timeline
- Have a capable project leader or team in place to see the project through from start to finish
- Set out measurable objectives to evaluation program success
- Prove that there is community support for the proposed undertaking and estimates the amount of people from the disability community who will benefits from the project
Please note if the project is part of a large capital campaign, an approved project must be a distinct and recognizable (“stand alone”) part of the campaign.
Applications will be assessed on a variety of criteria including, but not limited to, the following:
- The extent to which accessibility needs in the community will be met through this program
- Cost effectiveness and a thorough project budget, including a list of other funders or pending funding applications
- History of the applicant organizations service to the community
- Ability of the lead organization to maintain the program or project and complete it on time and on budget
- The recognition provided to BC Rehab for sponsoring this initiative
- Evidence of community support, especially from members of the community who have a physical disability
GrantWatch ID#: 173055
The BC Rehab allocation committee does not impose a funding limit, but the average approved funding requested falls between $2,000 and $5,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications can be sent by fax, email, or regular mail to the BC Rehab office. Please send to the attention of Trynka Gogal.
BC Rehab Foundation
4255 Laurel Street
If you have any questions about the eligibility of your project please contact Trynka Gogal, Client Services and Administrative Coordinator, at the above email address or by calling 604-737-6383.
Canada: British Columbia