Foundation / Corporation
Sport Nova Scotia - Sport Fund
Grants to Nova Scotia nonprofit community sports organizations, sports clubs, municipalities, villages, first nation communities, and community sport stakeholders for high quality sports programming benefiting local communities. Funding is intended to support the creation of new programs, improvement and expansion of existing programs, and equipment purchases that promote participation in amateur sports throughout the Province.
The Sport Fund supports projects that are intended to increase sustainable quality participation sport programs. Projects should touch upon the following points:
- Project fits within the Sport Fund’s two areas of focus – Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) and/or under-represented populations.
- Project must be for a new program or the expansion of an existing program. If an equipment request, the equipment must be used to deliver new programming or to help expand existing programming. Equipment renewal is considered operational and not funded.
- Project must be delivered in Nova Scotia.
Following a regional funding model where the initiatives funded in a region are determined by a committee located within that region, the Sport Fund supports the growth of sport at the community level. The Fund focuses on community sport organization support in order to provide more opportunities for Nova Scotians to take part in sport.
GrantWatch ID#: 171965
Projects must be completed within a 12 month period from the date of the award letter.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
- If your organization is a member of a Provincial Sport Organization: http://www.sportnovascotia.ca/Funding/StartanApplication/ManulifeFinancialCommunitySportGrantsAppl/tabid/1439/Default.aspx
- If your organization is not a member of a Provincial Sport Organization: http://www.sportnovascotia.ca/Funding/StartanApplication/CanadaGamesLegacyEquipmentFundApplication/tabid/1443/Default.aspx
For questions, please contact the Regional Sport Consultant located in your region.*
Alternatively, please contact:
Sport Projects Coordinator
Sport Nova Scotia
902-425-5450 ext 362
For technical assistance, contact:
Joni Mattatall. Information System Coordinator
Sport Nova Scotia
*Regional Sports Consultants are as follows:
Valley Region (Municipalities of Hants West and Clare, Counties of Digby, Annapolis and Kings)
10 Webster St. Suite 200, Kentville
South Shore Region (Counties of Yarmouth, Shelburne, Queens & Lunenburg, District of Argyle)
321 Green Street, Lunenburg, NS
Fundy Region (Municipality of East Hants, Cumberland County & Colchester County)
80 Walker St, Truro NS
Central Region (Halifax Regional Municipality)
1741 Brunswick St., Halifax, NS
Highland Region (Guysborough County, Antigonish County, Pictou County)
149 Church St., Antigonish, NS
Cape Breton Region (Cape Breton Island)
305 Esplanade, Sydney, NS
Canada: Nova Scotia