Foundation / Corporation
American Psychological Association - Division 47
Award to a USA, Canada, or International training program or sport psychologist for consistent and meaningful contributions to training and education in the field of excercise and sport psychology. This award may also be used to acknowledge a singular contribution to the field.
The Awards Committee will consider a wide range of individuals/programs with differing accomplishments including those who make traditional contributions, provide innovations or who are involved in developmental phases of programs that influence education and training.
- Influence on educating and training students.
- Important research on education or training. Development of effective materials for instruction.
- Establishment of workshops, conferences, or networks of communication for education and training.
- Achievement and leadership in administration that facilitate education and training.
- Activity in professional organizations that promote excellence.
GrantWatch ID#: 159523
Sport psychologists and training programs may apply. The applicant must be a current member of Div. 47.
If the RFP does not specify geographic requirements in the ‘Eligibility’ section, international applicants who meet the other eligibility requirements may apply for APF funding.
To be considered for the award, the individual must:
- Be a current member of Div. 47. There is a maximum fee of $39. See here for membership details: http://www.apadivisions.org/division-47/membership/index.aspx
- Include a letter of nomination outlining specific and consistently excellent contributions. Include a current vita.
- Include the names, addresses, emails and phone numbers of three sport psychologists familiar with the nominee’s work.
This must be sent to past president who chairs the Awards Committee.
All nominations must be received by Dec. 31 of the year before the award is presented.
APF FAQs: http://www.apa.org/apf/funding/grants/faqs.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Anthony P. Kontos, PhD
APA Div. 47: Society for Sport, Exercise & Performance Psychology.
750 First St. NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242
Telephone: (202) 336-5500. TDD/TTY: (202) 336-6123
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: Marshall Islands (USA)
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.