Town of Milton - Community Services Department
09/09/19 4:30 PM
Grants to Milton, Ontario nonprofit organizations for programs and services to improve the quality of life for local residents. Funding is intended for both emerging and established organizations providing artistic, cultural, and recreational initiatives. Funding may be requested through the following frameworks:
- Established Organization: The organization has existed for more than three years.
- Emerging Organization: The organization has existed for less than three years.
Funding to established and emerging organizations will be considered for the following:
- Start-up funds for emerging groups
- Start-up funds for new programs and services
- Program and service expansion
- New projects
- Equipment for programs and skills training
- Educational or celebratory events (festivals, concerts, tournaments, championships, workshops, etc.)
- Training clinics or certification programs for coaches and trainers; activity must be considered a minimum certification requirement by the governing body (maximum $200 per person)
- Training clinics or certification programs for officials (umpires, referees, etc.); activity must be considered an entry-level certification requirement (maximum $200 per person)
- Conferences (maximum $1,000 per person)
- Facility upgrades and new construction of properties owned or leased by not-for-profit organizations serving Milton residents up to a maximum of $30,000 (priority will be on projects located within the Town’s municipal borders)
- Matching support for projects which will enhance Town property.
Assessment Criteria for established and emerging organizations:
- The benefit to the Milton community and the need for the items proposed must be clearly demonstrated
- Organizations must demonstrate how the community is made aware of the programs and services they provide and how the community can participate
- The relationship between an organization’s annual budget and the amount of funding requested should be realistic
- Organizations must demonstrate their ability to manage and sustain growth that may result from a grant
GrantWatch ID#: 156411
Emerging organizations may request funding up to a maximum of 25% of their annual operating budget.
Successful candidates must use the grant funding by January 2021. Exceptions can be made upon request.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit your application package (no faxes, please) as follows:
The Corporation of the Town of Milton: Community Services Department
Attention: Denise Black, Community Development Advisor
Mail: 150 Mary Street
Milton, ON L9T 6Z5
Drop off: Town Hall, 150 Mary Street
For Additional Information, contact:
Denise Black, Community Development Advisor
Phone: 905-878-7252, ext. 2539
Town of Milton