Ontario Arts Council (OAC)
08/01/19 1:00 PM ET
Grants to Ontario nonprofit organizations, professional theater artists, and artist ensembles and collectives for the production, creation, exploration, and presentation of theater. Priority will be given to works by Canadians. Funding is intended to support a broad range of projects regardless of theatrical tradition, as well as initiatives that benefit the Ontario professional theater community. Projects can happen in any language except French, although applications must be submitted in English.
The grants fall into five categories:
- Creation: Contribution to the artistic costs of initial exploration and development of a theatrical project or idea, for research, exploration and experimentation.
- Creation in Residence: Contribution to the artistic costs of a residence, with a professional not-for-profit Ontario theater company, in playwriting or other methods of creation.
- Development Workshops: Contribution to the costs of workshops or similar development projects; some form of public presentation is necessary.
- Productions: Contribution to the costs of single productions, including shared-production models.
- Festivals/Theater Initiatives: contribution to the costs of festivals, or the costs of artists or arts professionals participating in activities and initiatives that significantly benefit the professional theater community at large and are not related to a single production, including presentations, series, conferences and other public forums, community professional development, administrative collaborations, and other activities with a community impact.
This program funds:
- Artistic research, exploration and experimentation.
- Playwriting and other methods of creation, either in-residence with a professional not-for-profit Ontario theatre company, or independently.
- Workshops and other development projects.
- Single productions, including shared-production models.
- Festivals, presentations and series.
- Community professional development, administrative collaborations, conferences and other public forums.
GrantWatch ID#: 180701
- Creation: Maximum $5,000
- Creation in Residence: Maximum $10,000
- Development Workshops: Maximum $15,000
- Productions: Maximum $20,000
- Festivals/Theater Initiatives: Maximum $15,000
The activities for which you are requesting funding cannot start before the deadline, cannot finish before you receive your grant results, and must be completed no more than two years after you receive the grant results.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://grants.arts.on.ca/s_Login.jsp
Lucy Gouveia, Program Administrator
416-969-7432 / 1-800-387-0058, ext. 7432 (toll-free in Ontario)
Ontario Arts Council
121 Bloor Street East, 7th Floor
Toronto, ON M4W 3M5