Prairie Central District for Sport, Culture, and Recreation (PCDSCR)
11/15/19 Postmark or Receipt
Grants ranging from $100 to $1,000 to Saskatchewan nonprofit organizations, schools, and municipal and First Nation recreation authorities to enhance cultural, recreational, and sports opportunities for local residents within the funding source’s service area. Funding is intended to support the capacity building benefits of relevant programs by offering financial support to organizations in communities within the Prairie Central District for Sport, Culture, and Recreation (PCDSCR). The project should be based on and address the needs of the target population.
Priority Areas (areas that the committee takes into consideration when adjudicating applications):
- Recreation – defined as a socially acceptable leisure time experience that gives immediate and inherent satisfaction to anyone who voluntarily participates. Recreation may include sport, culture or recreation experiences.
- Startup/new projects
- Learn to/skill development training initiatives
- Leadership training and development that addresses community needs
- Projects that promote and build community capacity and long term benefits
- Projects that demonstrate creativity
- Projects that address inclusivity and/or diversity – age, ethnicity, culture, etc.
Examples of project outcomes:
- Participants will adopt a more physically active lifestyle
- Participants gain a stronger self-image
- Participants will develop/gain new skills
GrantWatch ID#: 163128
Grant Amounts: $100 - $1,000
Communities can apply for more than one grant but will not be approved for more than $1,000 in grants annually.
All projects and related revenues and expenditures will conform to the PCDSCR fiscal year April 1st to March 31st.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact the Prairie Central District Community Consultants if you have questions:
Box 370, Southey, SK S0G 4P0
306.726.2087, Ext. 1
306.726.2087, Ext. 2
Joaleen Unger (on Leave)
District map: https://prairiecentral.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/rm%20map%20of%20pcdscr.pdf
District map with the Rural Municipalities and First Nations listed: https://prairiecentral.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/rm%20fn%20pcdscr%20map%20%20listing.pdf