Ontario Arts Council (OAC)
10/16/19 1:00 PM ET - Deadline for Category 1 and 3 applications only.
Grants to Ontario nonprofit arts organizations, ad hoc groups and collectives, and professional artists to support touring exhibitions, arts events, and performances both within Ontario and outside the province. Some applicants will be require to contact the Funding Source to determine eligibility. For projects taking place outside the province, priority is given to activities that enhance the profile of Ontario artists and take their work into new markets. Tours that are primarily self-presentations are not a priority in this program.
The program contributes to the travel, accommodation, per diem, insurance, shipping and other logistics costs of touring, if not covered by presenter(s).
Eligible tours must:
- Include a minimum of three engagements outside the applicant’s home city:
- The tour may be contiguous or non-contiguous, keeping in mind the efficient use of funds.
- Engagements may be with the same presenter or venue only if touring different works.
- For the Significant public arts festival/event category, the tour may include fewer than three engagements.
- For school touring within Ontario, engagements may take place in the applicant’s home city.
- Include guaranteed presentation fees:
- For school touring within Ontario, significant in-kind support (such as venue, volunteers, promotion, etc.) can be used in lieu of a guaranteed presentation fee.
- For independent media arts touring, significant in-kind support (e.g. venue, volunteers, promotion, etc.) can be used in lieu of a guaranteed presentation fee.
- Include artists’ fees paid in accordance with union rates or recommended industry standards
- Be presented to a public audience, or to a student audience for school tours
- Include a range of revenue sources, such as presentation fees, box office, merchandise sales, personal/organizational contribution, fundraising, other grants, etc.
Eligible expenses include:
- Travel, ground transportation, visas, transportation of freight and equipment, insurance and related costs
- Per diems (daily meal allowance) and accommodations of artists and technical personnel while on tour at rates defined by appropriate collective agreements or reflective of where the tour is taking place
- Marketing or promotional costs specific to the tour, including the hiring of a marketing manager or publicist
- For school touring in Ontario, fees and salaries of artists and technical personnel while on tour, if not covered by the presentation fees
- For independent media arts touring, fees and salaries of artists and technical personnel while on tour, if not covered by the presentation fees
GrantWatch ID#: 153151
- Category 1 - Tour (minimum 3 stops): Requesting up to $30,000
- Category 2 - Large-Scale Tour (minimum 3 stops): minimum $30,001 - maximum $75,000
- Category 3 - Tour to a Significant Public Arts Festival/Event: maximum $30,000
The activities for which you are requesting funding cannot start before three months after the deadline date, and must be completed no more than two years after you receive the grant results.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Elizabeth Braoudakis, Program Administrator
Ontario Arts Council
121 Bloor Street East, 7th Floor
Toronto, ON M4W 3M5
OAC Geographic Regions maps: http://www.arts.on.ca/oac/media/oac/OAC-Geographic-Regions-Maps_Cartes-des-regions-geographiques-du-CAO.pdf