City of Kitchener, Your Neighbourhood Credit Union (YNCU), and Kitchener Waterloo Community Foundation (KWCF)
Grants of up to $15,000 to Kitchener, Ontario neighborhood or community groups for one-time projects to improve local neighborhoods. Funding is intended for beautification, renewal, improvements to safety and accessibility, capital projects, and any projects that inspire residents to work together.
The Neighbourhood Matching Grant is intended to:
- Renew a neighborhood public or green space; contribute to neighborhood beautification or celebration.
- Foster a sense of neighborhood pride and belonging.
- Build stronger relationships between neighbors and neighborhood groups.
- Improve safety, accessibility and/or mobility.
- Inspire residents to become more involved in their neighborhoods by working together.
Applicants must demonstrate that their project:
- Will occur within Kitchener city limits, geographically defined within a neighborhood on accessible public land (for example, land owned by the City of Kitchener). However, events may take place on land that is accessible to the public, but not necessarily owned by the city.
- Is a one-time neighborhood project not intended for a city-wide audience/purpose.
- Is inclusive, encouraging diverse neighborhood involvement and participation of residents, community members and volunteers in the project planning and process.
- Contributes to neighborhood identity.
Capital projects are eligible for this grant.
GrantWatch ID#: 184947
Applicants may request amounts up to $15,000, with the exception of projects that are event-based, which have a maximum of $2,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Neighbourhood Development Office:
519-741-2200 ext. 4663
City of Kitchener
200 King Street West
Kitchener, ON N2G 4G7
City of Kitchener