Foundation / Corporation
ArtStarts in Schools
08/15/19 - Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
Grants of up to $1,000 to British Columbia professional artists for youth-focused arts projects in the Columbia Basin region. Funding is intended to support emerging and professional artists who are interested in working with young people through the arts. Funding can cover artists' fees, project materials, and rentals.
This program is intended for individuals who are:
- An emerging artist interested in exploring career opportunities
- A professional artist interested in working with young people and need support to start
- Have a project idea but don’t have the funds to cover the required materials and supplies
- Are interested in applying for an Artists in the Classroom (AIC) grant in the future and need to build some experience first.
Projects should fulfills one or more of these goals:
- Build capacity and confidence as an artist working with young people and using arts-based learning
- Provide young people with opportunities to engage actively in the arts, and promote an appreciation of the arts
- Foster connections between young people, artists, arts organizations, and schools.
- Artist Fees
- Criminal Record Check Fee
- Materials and supplies
- Venue rentals
- Tool rentals
- Honoraria for other contributors up to $50 per person, not to exceed $100 total for the project
For a detailed list of eligible expenses, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 180353
For projects up to $1,000.
Projects must be completed by mid-September 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.cognitoforms.com/ArtStarts/CreativeSparkColumbiaBasin201819
Emily Beam, Director of Programs
604-336-0626 ext 110
Toll free: 1-855-292-7826
808 Richards Street Vancouver, BC
V6B 3A7, Canada
Columbia Basin Region: https://thebasin.ourtrust.org/basin-map/
Canada: British Columbia