Foundation / Corporation
Keta Legacy Foundation (KLF)
Grants of up to $15,000 to northwestern Washington and southwestern British Columbia nonprofit organizations, libraries, and schools for conservation projects in the Salish Sea region. Consideration will be given to applications for environmental education projects or restoration projects including an educational research component.
The Salish Sea region is the intricate network of coastal mountains, land, and waterways that include the southwestern portion of the Canadian province of British Columbia and the northwestern portion of the U.S. state of Washington. Its major bodies of water are the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and Puget Sound.
Level 2: The Keta Legacy Foundation is pleased to announce the expansion of the Paul Wiseman Conservation Education Grant. Two grants will be awarded this round.
For one award, the Foundation will welcome substantial projects that envision significant environmental education benefits with carefully articulated goals and outcomes.
The second award will be given for a restoration project that includes a strong educational research component.
Both grant types should have high impact or visibility and could span multiple years.
Projects may include:
- Direct educational programs and materials related to environmental conservation
- Lectures, conferences, seminars
- Written or audiovisual awareness materials
- Curriculum or other instructional materials
When judging proposals, KLF looks for evidence of the following:
- Innovation and originality
- Audience/message/probable impact of educational projects
- The applicant’s ability to conduct and complete the work
- Feasibility of the project
- A realistic and reasonable budget
- Commitment from the other agencies you will partner with
- Significance to the environment or the community
GrantWatch ID#: 178867
The Foundation will offer two grants during this round.
Grants have a $15,000 limit each.
Grants may span multiple years.
The Salish Sea is the intricate network of coastal waterways that includes the southwestern portion of the Canadian province of British Columbia and the northwestern portion of the U.S. state of Washington. Its major bodies of water are the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and Puget Sound.
USA: Washington: Salish Sea region
Canada: British Columbia