Canada Council for the Arts
09/25/19 11:59 PM Pacific Time - For the Project Grant Component only
Grants to Canada arts organizations and groups, collectives, architecture professionals and firms, publishers, and presenters for projects that will foster public enjoyment and appreciation of the arts. Applicants must create an account in the online grants portal at least 30 days prior to applying. Grants fund a wide range of live events, publications and other initiatives that build connections between artists and diverse audiences.
You can apply for:
- A project grant for a single activity
- A composite grant for several activities that take place over one to three years.
You can apply for activities that contribute to the public’s appreciation and enjoyment of the arts, such as:
- Exhibitions and other dissemination initiatives
- Programming events
- Non-literary publishing (excluding promotional materials)
- Knowledge-sharing events or forums
- Public development strategies and initiatives
Eligible expenses are direct costs directly related to the activities.
GrantWatch ID#: 177919
- Project requests – up to $100,000
- Composite requests – up to $100,000 per year (to a maximum of $300,000 over 3 years)
Most grants are no more than $30,000 (or $30,000 per year for composite grants). Higher amounts may be considered for activities that have elevated costs due to the duration of the project, number of people involved, and/or technical or other requirements related to the artistic practice.
Composite grants may be made over 3 years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application Portal:
1-800-263-5588, ext. 4039
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon