Foundation / Corporation
Kitchener Waterloo Community Foundation (KWCF) - Youth in Recreation Fund
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to Ontario charitable organizations to promote recreational activities for children and youth residing in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. A pre-screen application is required prior to the submission of a full application. Funding is intended to enhance the health of young people up to age 18 through safe community activities in the areas of sport, recreation, fitness, youth leadership, camping and outdoor education, playgroups, the arts, and cultural activities.
The Ontario Endowment for Children and Youth in Recreation Fund supports activities that:
- Are inclusive, accessible and promote participation from a diverse community
- Develop social and physical skills, improve social, mental and physical health and foster creativity
- Intentionally create opportunities for young people to build assets
- Support young people to develop healthy relationships with peers and adults
- Nurture a sense of empowerment in young people through volunteerism and leadership development
- Encourage adults to give young people useful roles and to view young people as valued resources
- Help young people to find ways to structure their leisure time
- Nurture a commitment to learning by increasing engagement and motivation to achieve
- Provide recreational opportunities for those who would not otherwise have a chance to participate
- Increase choice and access to existing healthy recreational programs
GrantWatch ID#: 174390
Grants are made in the range of $1,000 to $10,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions, applicants may contact:
519-725-1806, ext. 206
Kitchener Waterloo Community Foundation
260 King Street West - Unit 206
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 1B6