Foundation / Corporation
Ottawa Community Foundation
10/01/19 5:00 PM Receipt - For One-Year Community Grants; Applicants for Multi-Year Grant must submit an LOI by 12/01/19.
Grants of up to $10,000 for one year and grants of up to $24,000 per year for multiple years to Ottawa, Ontario nonprofit organizations to enhance the quality of life of local communities. Funding is intended for initiatives that align with one of the following broad areas of focus: social services, arts and culture, education, environment, health, and animal welfare. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application for Multi-Year Grants.
Projects must do one or more of the following:
- Benefit the Ottawa community, improve the quality of life for its residents, and help to foster a strong, positive and caring community;
- Use a community development approach to build on the assets and strengths of the community in order to respond to evolving issues and emerging priorities;
- Address the root causes of identified local issues and work on long-term solutions in an effort to achieve systemic change;
- Cultivate collective action within the community (i.e. through a shared vision for change, coordinated activities, joint data collection and results measurement, the coordination of participating organizations, etc.);
- Take a creative or unique approach to tackling community issues (e.g. through the method of service delivery, engagement of community partners, role of community members, etc.);
- Help to build the capacity of individuals, organizations and communities.
There are two types of grants available:
1. One-Year Community Grants
2. Multi-Year Grants
Multi-year grants are made available to support the evolution of an initiative over a period of two or three years. They are not intended to fund the same program year over year. Examples of the kinds of initiatives which could be a good fit for a MY grant include, but are not limited to: the planning, implementation and evaluation of a new initiative; development, implementation and evaluation of critical capacity-building activities at multi-organizational or sectoral levels; in-depth assessment of the effectiveness of current approaches to addressing complex problems; the development of new models and new partnerships for innovative cross-sectoral partnerships to address complex problems.
GrantWatch ID#: 174121
One-Year Grants: The average Community Grant is $8,000 – $10,000.
Multi-Year Grants: To date, funding has ranged from $3,000/year to $24,000/year.
Multi-Year Grants are made available to support the evolution of an initiative over a period of two or three years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Tais McNeill, CGP Coordinator
613-236-1616, ext. 223
Rebecca Aird, Director
613-236-1616, ext. 222
Ottawa Community Foundation
301-75 Albert St.
Ottawa ON, K1P 5E7