Toronto Arts Council (TAC)
08/01/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $15,000 to Toronto, Ontario nonprofit music organizations and collectives for a wide range of time-limited or one-time music-related projects. Funding is intended to enable qualifying organizations and collectives to engage in music projects that involve the production, presentation, and dissemination of music, and other activities that contribute to the development of music within the City. The Music Program seeks to support a diverse range of musical forms with a high priority given to applicants that demonstrate a commitment to the performance of works by Canadian composers.
Projects involving Deaf artists and artists with disabilities may apply for an additional TAC grant by completing the Accessibility Expenses section of the application and including the requisite information in their budget. Accessibility costs include but are not limited to: ASL interpretation, audio description, closed captioning, communications assistants, and attendant care.
The Music Committee evaluates all eligible applications in a comparative context and makes funding decisions based on the availability of funds, the program objectives, and the following assessment criteria:
- The artistic merit of the proposed project and the strength of the applicant’s artistic goals and objectives;
- The contribution of the project to the development of music in Toronto;
- The contribution of the proposed project to the development of the applicant organization or collective and/or the artists involved;
- The public impact of the project, including the quality and effectiveness of the applicant’s outreach, marketing and/or audience development strategies;
- The financial viability of the proposed project and the ability of the applicant to carry it out.
Project funding contributes to the direct costs associated with a music project, including artistic fees, production and technical costs, marketing and publicity costs, administrative costs, etc.
GrantWatch ID#: 172511
Project grants: TAC will fund up to 35% of the project budget, to a maximum of $15,000.
Accessibility grants: A TAC Accessibility grant will provide up to a maximum of $5,000 per year.
Project applications submitted to the February deadline must be for projects commencing after June 1.
Project applications submitted to the August deadline must be for projects commencing after November 1.
Projects must be completed within two years of the date of the awardees's grant notification.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Christy DiFelice, Music Officer
Phone: 416-392-6802 x 202
Toronto Arts Council
26 Grand Trunk Crescent, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M5J 3A9