Toronto Children's Services
07/24/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Toronto, Ontario licensed child care centers to support increased wages for staff. First time applicants and centers that opened in 2019 must contact program staff prior to applying. Funding is intended to enhance the salaries of staff who are licensed to provide care for children ages 0 to 12 years old.
The Provincial Wage Enhancement (PWE) Funding has the following goals:
- Close the wage gap between RECE wages in the education sector and licensed child care sectors;
- Stabilize licensed child care operators by helping them retain RECEs/child care staff; and
- Support greater employment and income security.
These goals support the Ministry's priorities to:
- Stabilize and transform the existing child care system to increase program choice and reliability for parents and support consistent, higher quality child care services to support children's learning and development; and
- Support licensed home child care agencies and strengthen the licensed home child care system.
To determine wage enhancement funding, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 164316
The center funding is based on the hours staff worked in positions that existed in the previous year. For a table with calculations for center funding, see page 9 of the Guidelines (in Supporting Documents, below).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://secure.toronto.ca/csss/login/Welcome.do?SAMLRequest=eJxdkE1vgkAQhs%2F8C7J3LNDEthvRUBujVq0RrGlvCAMsXWbpzmL03xe1TZte5%2F2YZ2YwOtbSPoAmoTBgXs9lNmCqMoFFwLbxxLlno%2BGAklo2PGxNiRv4bIGMbXVBJH5RAtZq5CohQRyTGoiblEfhcsH9nssbrYxKlWTW7Clg5UfRVBKhLGVRV1klZYFlXmDe5JVo0iIHzAAhY7b1%2BoPVtXRhohZmSCZB041cr%2B%2B4d47vxt4D92%2B5778za%2F296lHg9YJ%2FXL2%2FXPurifg0jtfOBjKhITWXkoPIQK%2B6RMDG0Sx6wbiEHeyZFRKBNh3UWCG1NegI9EGksN0sAtbJTSNFmpwNv2lmLVQhMAI6X3P%2BQRLNl%2FFRTrOk%2F%2Fa8Cr3TxMy3asduhl%2BNEIeC&relayState=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.toronto.ca%2FCSISOnTheWeb%2FWelcome.do
All other required documentation can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off or mailed to:
Attention: Faye Jose, Director
Provincial Wage Enhancement Applications
Toronto Children’s Services
10th floor Metro Hall
55 John St
Toronto ON M5V 3C6
For technical support, call 416-397-5555.