Foundation / Corporation
Kenora and Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation (KLOWRCF)
09/15/19 - For Moffat Family Fund applications
Grants to Ontario registered charities and nonprofit organizations for programs in Kenora and Lake of Woods region that focus on the general needs of the community. Interested applicants must contact the Foundation to determine eligibility before applying. Funding is intended for community services, health and wellness, social welfare, arts and culture, environment, and animal welfare.
Grants made from the Moffat Family Fund will consider the provision of services for:
Preference is given to projects which:
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources;
- Demonstrate innovative approaches and techniques to solve community issues, and build individual, neighborhood and/or community capacity;
- Address the root causes of issues in the community;
- Promote cooperation and sharing among organizations, eliminating duplication of services;
- Promote volunteer participation;
- Strengthen an organization's capacity to be sustainable.
Organizations must demonstrate a strong and committed board, fiscal responsibility and effective management. An operating budget must be submitted.
Projects must benefit primarily, the people in the catchment are of the Foundation. Applicants must establish that there is a need for the project.
Grants are awarded for specific purposes. Pilot or demonstration projects must include provisions for evaluation and a realistic plan for fiscal financial viability beyond the pilot stage. Matching or challenge grants may be made in appropriate circumstances to stimulate responses from other sources.
GrantWatch ID#: 160542
Grants are awarded for projects covering a definite period of typically one year or less.