Foundation / Corporation
American Psychological Association (APA)
Grant of $1,200 and paid travel expenses of $1,500 to a USA, Canada, or International early career psychologist affiliated with a nonprofit institution or entity. Applicants must have devoted their career to solving critical social problems. The grantee will present their work at the APA Annual Convention.
Proposals will be evaluated on:
- Quality and impact of proposed work.
- Innovation, originality and contribution to the field with proposed project.
- Applicant’s demonstrated competence and capability to execute the proposed work.
- Sound use of assessment(s).
- Responsible allocation of funds; criticality of funding to the success of the project.
GrantWatch ID#: 159517
- One $12,000 annual grant.
- An additional $1,500 for travel costs for the recipient to present the work at the APA Annual Convention.
- Be an early career psychologist (no more than 10 years post‐doctoral with a degree from an accredited university).
- Be affiliated with a nonprofit charitable, educational or scientific institution, or governmental entity operating exclusively for charitable and educational purposes.
Applications are due February 1, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
American Psychological Foundation
750 First St. NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: Marshall Islands (USA)
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.