Ontario Arts Council (OAC)
10/01/19 1:00 PM ET
Grants of up to $10,000 and grants of up to $40,000 to Ontario individual professional media artists or directors for innovative projects that further the applicant's development as an artist. Funding is intended for film, audio, video, new media, virtual reality, video and electronic games, and digital as independent artist-controlled art forms in the production and post-production phases of their projects.
There are two categories for this grant opportunity:
- Emerging Artist: Applicants have completed at least one independent media work and are not currently enrolled in a formal media arts education program.
- Mid-Career and Established Artist: Applicants have completed at least two previous media works independently. Mid-Career artists have a history of independent media arts practice of at least 5 years. Established artists have a history of independent media arts practice of at least 15 years.
The program’s priority is to support projects that are innovative in content, point of view, form, style, technique or process. In addition to considering the OAC’s priority groups, this program also strives to support gender parity.
This program funds production and post-production costs, including artist and personnel fees, equipment and facility rentals, related travel expenses, insurance, promotional materials, prototyping, rights for visuals and sound or music, etc.
Applicants may apply for:
- Audio or video art
- Dance film or video
- Drama or comedy
- Media art installation
- New media
- Media-based performance projects
- Web-based art projects
- Video or electronic games
- Virtual reality projects
GrantWatch ID#: 154972
Grant amounts for Emerging Grants are $10,000 maximum. Grant amounts for Mid-Career and Established Grants are $40,000 maximum.
Important: Total project budgets must not exceed:
- $75,000 for Emerging applications
- $300,000 for Mid-career and Established applications
The activity for which the applicant is requesting funding cannot start before the applicant receives grant results and it must be completed no more than two years after the applicant receives the grant check.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.