Foundation / Corporation
Jewish Women’s Foundation of the Greater Palm Beaches (JWF)
11/01/19 4:00 PM ET
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 per year to Florida and Israel nonprofit organizations to promote religious, political, social, and economic equality for women. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to applying. Funding may be requested for both general operating and project support; however, only feminist social change organizations may request general operating support.
JWF will focus on the following issue areas with an emphasis on innovation, social entrepreneurship, and gender equality: Health and Safety, and Economic Empowerment. Within these categories, JWF’s grantmaking prioritizes organizations or projects focused on the following impact areas:
-Gender based violence/violence prevention
JWF will approve grants that are consistent with its mission, vision, and goals and are based in the Jewish values of tzedakah (righteous giving), tikkun olam (repairing the world) and gemilut chassadim (acts of loving kindness).
All proposals will be considered through the prism of a “gender lens,” which means understanding the unique challenges women and girls face pursuing equality and the ways in which systems, institutions, and policies must change to advance women’s equality. A project or program that includes or specifically targets women and girls is not necessarily designed using a gender lens.
Six Social Change Indicators:
1. Shift in Definition: The issue is defined differently in the community or larger society
2. Shift in Behavior: People are behaving differently in the community or larger society.
3. Shift in Engagement: People in the community or larger society are more engaged.
4. Shift in Policy: An institutional, organizational, or legislative policy or practice has changed.
5. Maintaining Past Gains: Past gains have been maintained, generally in the face of opposition.
6. Building Sustainable Institutions: Catalyzing and sustaining social change by strengthening institutions that stand for and work for such changes.
GrantWatch ID#: 149534
JWF allocates grants between $10,000 and $25,000 per grant award.
All awards are 2 year grants, meaning a grant of $10,000 is $10,000 per year for two years.
JWF only allocates multi-year grants, with the second year of funding contingent upon grantees’ attainment of pre-determined benchmarks.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email LOIs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Kryshka, CEO
Jewish Women's Foundation
For questions, please contact Carly Eilender, Grants & Program Manager, at email@example.com.